Monday, November 15, 2010

How did I get here?

I'm 27 years old, and I feel like I've struggled with my weight all my life. I listened too much to too many people when I was younger about what an "ideal" weight was for a person my height. I'm 5'4"...so society says I should be about 120. 130 is considered overweight. I don't think I've been 120 since, oh, 8th grade, and I doubt I will ever see that weight again...and rightfully so. I would look emaciated - and to be that weight would mean lots of muscle loss. As a runner and a tennis player in my high school years, I have ridiculous muscles in my legs - and no matter what excercise regimen I have or haven't participated in since then, I still have these crazy muscles. My core areas of concern...arms, abdominal region, butt, and thighs. My weight loss goal is no where near these "suggested" numbers - but I know that I have chosen a "healthy" weight for myself.

Things you should know about me...in no particular order....
  • I'm a vegan...almost. I eat fish and eggs, but dairy and meat are big nonos.
  • I'm a single mom who works from home. Tons of time on my hands - I should have no excuses!
  • I cook like a fiend. It's the Italian in me. Lately this has morphed into a desire to cook the yummiest food with the most efficient calories possible.
  • The weight I want to be is about 5 lbs lighter than I was in my senior year of high school. I was dieting then - I needed to lose a few pounds. I still have my prom dress - and I intend on fitting in it again, not to go to an event, but just to be able to say that I can.
  • I really want an excuse to buy all new clothing. There. I said it! :)
  • I am obsessed with getting onto my scale. I do it multiple times a day...analysing what it says versus what I've eaten, what I've done, etc etc. Totally unhealthy habit to have. I am going to try, going forward, to only get on the scale first thing in the morning - that's it. No mas, no menos.
So...this is my before picture. I have barely any pictures of my whole body - especially not recently - from being extremely self conscious I mainly stick to headshots.



Hamming it up at the speedway at the end of the season. This is about 2 months ago - I've gained 10 pounds since this picture was taken.

I know I'm going to struggle. Jennie's gonna have to kick my ass - and I'll be happy to return the favor LOL...here we go!!!

Mel

PS - If you visit our blog, please feed our fish at the bottom of the page. They are hungry, and unlike us, do not need to lose weight. <3 And really, it's kind of fun.

1 comment:

  1. I just realized I have no full body shots either and thank God for that, Love that pic of you though Mel totally reminds me of you lol....I need motivation!

    <3 J

    ReplyDelete